taxInsight - 2015/01 – January

2015/01 – January from taxInsight

Is it possible to become non-resident if spouse & children stay behind in Australia?

Many mining professionals are considering going overseas for work given the downturn in mining and exploration activity in Australia.  Where you have a young family, this can be a time of difficult decisions as you might be prepared to live overseas, but your children may need to complete schooling in our high quality education system and your spouse may not want to move. Overseas employment opportunities are often structured taking account of lower tax rates available in overseas countries and the last thing most people want is to receive another great big tax bill from Australian authorities on top of […]

read news read article read question view tips

Disclaimer: The information contained in this publication is for guidance only and we believe it is correct at the time of publishing. It should not be relied upon without obtaining professional advice regarding your circumstances. No responsibility for loss occasioned directly or indirectly to any person acting or refraining from acting wholly or partially upon or as a result of the material in this online publication or for any error in or omission from or external broken links within this online publication can be accepted by the publisher or any author, editor, contributor or consultant of any company referred to herein.

© Copyright Andrew and Tony Lovett - All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be republished in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying, recording or otherwise without written permission.